Once Albert Einstein said,” It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity”.
And I can say that, because I have recently attended an event hosted by Media Tek, which was a Discussion Series on Cutting-Edge technologies and how they are impacting our everyday lives.
Today’s technology is a flourishing market full of innovative and exciting products with new learning opportunities. We cannot deny the fact that Technology has changed the World we live in, it has empowered people to do what they want and has made our lives easier and it was proven in this event.
Event held in Mumbai on 1st October, 2018 by Media Tek witnessed a Series on demystifying next generation technologies for the common man – like AI, 5G & NB-IoT. Our Host, Malishka from RED FM talks about advanced technologies that will transform our life making it enriching, experiential and connected.
Second edition of Interactive session ‘MediTek Technology Diaries’ helped me a lot in understanding the current technologies, how they are impacting our daily lives. Mr. Kuldeep Malik, Director, Corp. Sales, India with Mr. Kevin Keating- Global Director, Marketing answered each question by the audience.
MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company. Nearly 1 of every 3 mobile phones is powered by MediaTek and you will find them in 20% of the homes globally. With aim to educate common men understand latest technology informal fun filled session was a great way to spend evening.
It was one great and amazing event, to observe the next generation technology and how it’s going to make our life easy and comfortable. The event covered following segments-
- Media Tek Helio A22 and P22 chipsets which, according to it, are power-efficient chips for the mid-market segment. Many Mobiles like Vivo Y81, Y83 and Y83 Pro are powered by Helio P22 while Helio P60 was recently released with OPPO F9 and F9 Pro and Nokia 5.1 Plus. It centres in providing the best-in-class camera hardware with intuitive light AI-enhancements such as Face ID, Smart Photo Album, simulated depth of field etc.
- There are a series of Amazon device like Amazon Fire TV, and Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 tablets. All these are powered by Media Tek which offer consumers rich multimedia experiences with minimal power consumption.
- Media Tek has partnered with TV display manufacturer, to provide a high-end and cost-efficient 4K TV to the consumers.
- Media Tek has also expanded itself in the Automotive sector, is powering the future of Self-Driving technology through a turnkey solution of hardware and software.
The event also shared the new upcoming technologies with us, and I feel great to be its Spectator-
- Narrow-Band IoT (NB-IoT)it is a 3GPP standardized cellular based low power wide area technology and is potentially part of the ‘5G’ era of connectivity.
- MediaTek NeuroPilot it has computing capabilities such as CPUs, GPUs and APUs, it is embeded into our system-on-chip products, providing high performance and power efficiency for AI features and applications.
- MiraVision possessed by Media Tek is designed to improve visual quality for smartphones. It is highly power-efficient, more responsive, and more context aware.
The event was really fruitful, and I am appreciative to be an eye witness to the upcoming technologies by Media Tek. Media Tek, is committed to delivering the latest technologies across a range of products and solutions. Its chips and technology are an integral part of the daily lives of our consumers, and they transform how people interact with each other and the world around them.