Beauty lies in having healthy and glowing skin; it’s not always about being fair. Knowing your skin, its health is equally important like knowing yourself. It lets you achieve a lot more, be more confident and more beautiful.
This year for me is all about self love, so with the same motto I visited Cutis Clinic, a name that’s been there from more than 18 years, and with experience comes great knowledge and expertise.
I visited the Bandra branch, located at about 1 kms from the Bandra station, located on the Hill road. I had an appointment with Dr. Zeba, the true skin warrior who explained how my skin is, the things that can make it healthier and glowing. How my increasing exposure to pollution, dirt and the increased stress level, contributed to the hormonal changes, making my skin a hub for a lot of bacteria and imbalance leading to mild acne. She suggested some Vitamin medicines to control the excess oil secretion from the Sebaceous glands and some product changes in my routine cleansing.
After the analysis, I was taken over by Senior Skin Practitioner, Ms. Shagufta, who did my Acne Mediclean up, which a seven step procedure starting from:
- Cleansing: Cream cleanser with micellar water and hyaluronic acid is used to cleanse skin to remove all the traces of make-up, grime, pollution and bacteria.
- Exfoliation: It’s done with the help of micro beads and fine rice flour to exfoliate the skin further of all dead skin cells.
- Toning: The skin is a delicate organ with pH ranging 5.5 to 6.5. During the cleansing and exfoliation, the pH of the skin is disturbed so to reset the pH of skin, toning is essential.
- Steaming and extraction: Blackheads known as comedones are essential dried sebaceous gland secretions that block the oil glands leading to acne. Hence opening the skin pores, dissolving the cells at pores and then extracting those comedones are very important to achieve an acne free clear skin.
- Hi Frequency: When applied to the surface of the skin, a mild electrical current passes through the neon gas filled glass electrode causing it to emit a violet light and buzzing noise. During the high frequency treatment enriched oxygen molecules are produced which have an anti-bacterial action and the heat is lethal to the bacteria. It also increases blood circulation and cell renewal that aid in increased levels of collagen and elastin.
- Massage: To protect acne prone skin from creams and oily, Cutis prefer massage on points of never stress and lymphatic with a gel. This relaxes, de-stresses, clears lymphatic obstruction and increases blood supply.
- Face mask: No facial treatment is completed without applying a nourishing mask which hydrates the top layers of the skin giving that radiant glow to the skin. When the masked is removed (Which contains hyaluronic acid, VitC, AHS and moisturizing ingredients) skin is massaged with sunscreen.
The Acne medi clean-up for acne skin, is advised along with oral and topical medication (only on doctors advice) and should be taken stand along especially if you have active acne. It gives proper results if repeated once in 4 weeks.
So, take a charge of your skin and health as you’re the most important person for yourself. Treatment, technology & luxury comes Alive at Cutis, they give your skin exactly what it needs in a lush-Spa kind of ambiance.
For more details or appointments:
Cutis Skin Solution
Floor, Namdar House, Opp Bandra Police Station, 89 Hill Road Bandra West, Mumbai – 400050
Kemps Corner Branch:
151D, Landmark: Opposite Gangar Eye Nation & Behind Vithal Court, Mumbai: 400036
Call: 098338 89515
All picture courtesy: Parul Kumar